[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.2 plugin

Frank Scherthan wrote:

> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> > Yes, they can be put somewhere else. Which directory would you suggest?
> > I think "/dev" would not be a good idea.
> >
> > I'd like to change this in the evening. What do the other list members
> > suggest as directory and as extension for the fifos?
> Well, I think the best place would be the plugins-dir. As Klaus
> suggested some time ago, plugin-specific files should go there...
> So /CONFIGDIR/plugins/xine would be the PATH I aspect some xine-plugin
> related files...

I'd say so, too.
However, config files are probably more "static", and some people
might want them to reside under /etc/..., where a fifo file might
not be welcome.

Where are other fifo files typically put in a Linux file system?
I would assume that others must have had to make this decision before...

Klaus