[vdr] Re: 'unknown picture type´' while in live-view

Jörg Knitter wrote:

> > yes unfortunately, and as far as i have followed, and suffered
> > it the only things which all problem reports share are:
> >
> > - 2 card system
> > - the trouble starts when the 2nd device comes into action
> > (2nd record,or transfer mode)
> >
> > no other similarities come into my mind, so from the advanced users
> > point of view one is looking for a workaround for now.
>

> Sorry, I have to disappoint you. I only have one card (Nexus 2.1) and I also
> often had this problem. I say "had" because my last recordings of 24 were
> all okay. But on the other side, I sometimes see blocks when zapping like when
> the DVB card was not able to sync correctly to a channel. And most of the
> times, a restart is necessary.

What did you change to get your vdr working?

As (for example) Klaus didn't have this problem:
- he use an old kernel -> perhaps our kernel is too fresh
- he has a budget-card as secondary device -> perhaps this prevents him from
  the bothering "unknown picture" problem

As I get this problem only if the secondary device wasn't busy for a while
(no recordings), perhaps the EPG-scan cause this problem. I will deactivate
the scan as soon as i get home. Are there any experiences with deactivated
EPG-scan?

Has anyone an old kernel in use and gets this problem anyway?

Martin