[vdr] Re: 'unknown picture type´' while in live-view

> Jörg Knitter wrote:
> >
> > > yes unfortunately, and as far as i have followed, and suffered
> > > it the only things which all problem reports share are:
> > >
> > > - 2 card system
> > > - the trouble starts when the 2nd device comes into action
> > > (2nd record,or transfer mode)
> > >
> > > no other similarities come into my mind, so from the advanced users
> > > point of view one is looking for a workaround for now.
> >

> > Sorry, I have to disappoint you. I only have one card (Nexus 2.1) and I
> also
> > often had this problem. I say "had" because my last recordings of 24
> were
> > all okay. But on the other side, I sometimes see blocks when zapping
> like when
> > the DVB card was not able to sync correctly to a channel. And most of
> the
> > times, a restart is necessary.
>
> What did you change to get your vdr working?

I did not change anything, and as I told: I sometimes have problems when
zapping and I also got one damaged recording in the past. I currently don´t
remember if I have set hw_sections to 1 but I think I left it to 0.
To make sure that the recordings are error free, I sometimes switch to the
channel that is going to be recorded before the recording starts. As I stated
in previous mails, I think this unknown picture type problem happens only
when switching between channels AND setting the system to transfer mode. But
this does not explain why someone had problems when recording WDR and Pro7. The
only thing I think of if Pro7 is mentioned is that this is a DD channel which
forces the card to transfer mode if the AC3overDVB is installed.
For you confusion: I use DVB driver 1.0, VDR 1.2.0 (still had not the time
to upgrade) with autopid and AC3overDVB. If people still claim that this does
definately not happen with VDR 1.1.28, does a diff not give any hints on the
improvements? Although Klaus often mentioned that he did not change much,
maybe someone else could take a deeper look if something more has changed that
Klaus has forgotten.

BTW.: There is one weird thing when I recorded '24' within the last days: I
sometimes get a 0-byte 001.vdr and working 002.vdr and 003.vdr. Don´t know
what causes this, but maybe this also has something to do with the channel
switching/transfer mode problem I believe VDR or the driver to have.

Jörg