[vdr] Re: 'unknown picture type´' while in live-view

Am Mittwoch, 10. September 2003 15:00 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> Jörg Knitter schrieb:
>
> [..]
>
> >>- 2 card system
> >>- the trouble starts when the 2nd device comes into action
> >>   (2nd record,or transfer mode)
> >>
> >>no other similarities come into my mind, so from the advanced users
> >>point of view one is looking for a workaround for now.
> >
> > Sorry, I have to disappoint you. I only have one card (Nexus 2.1) and I
> > also often had this problem. I say "had" because my last recordings of 24
> > were all okay. But on the other side, I sometimes see blocks when zapping
> > like when the DVB card was not able to sync correctly to a channel. And
> > most of the times, a restart is necessary.
> >
> > Jörg
>
> well than it all gets down to what to do to prevent errors,
> so i can cancel the idea of understanding anything of it :-)
>
> The best workaround could be a loop in vdr which counts these
> errors and triggers a restart...
>
> Regards Onno

Well, in my case, every recording, with only ONE of these "unknown picture
type" error is damaged, so I apply Klaus patch with a counter that does an
emergency exit if there are 2 of these errors.
So I only have about 1 or 2 minutes of damaged recoding and afer a restart of
vdr everything works fine.

I had no live-viewing errors, because I use VDR in that way I (had to) use my
old 1.04 system, that means not more than 2 recordings and no zapping, when 2
recordings are active (I have a satreceiver too).

Harald