[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.2 plugin

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

Hi,

Changelog:
- improved channel switching
- dropped X11 references
- some fixes.

    http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.0.2.tgz

The input plugin for xine needs to be recompiled.

Bye.
Hi,

I tried this last night and had some success :-) I tried xine running
under X and on an SiS FB. The machine (an MSI Hermes 651) has a TV
out but I haven't got that far yet.

Occasionally I saw a strange reduction in the frame rate to what
looked like a couple of frames per second. It seemed to go back
to normal after a while or when I changed channels.

I have to figure out how to use Xine on the FB or DirectFB
effectively - I had it running on the FB by having Xvfb running
so that Xine didn't complain about having no display for its GUI!
Even then text on the console would be appearing behind the
picture, very strange!

I realise that most of this has little to do with your plugin
and more to do with Xine configuration, but that's good isn't
it? :-)

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702