[vdr] Re: @Klaus: questions for vdr-xine-0.0.3 plugin

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can you explain me, how Trickspeed works? I'm just to lazy to look into the
> code ;-)

Sorry, I don't have too much spare time right now.
I'm afraid you'll have to look at the code ;-)

> What data do you supply in Trickspeed mode (e. g. only I-Frames)?

Yes, only I-frames.

> Who has to take care of playback speed (it seems to be the device) and how is
> the speed indicated (e. g in frames per second)?

device.h:

  virtual void TrickSpeed(int Speed);
       ///< Sets the device into a mode where replay is done slower.
       ///< Every single frame shall then be displayed the given number of
       ///< times.

dvbdevice.c:

void cDvbDevice::TrickSpeed(int Speed)
{
  if (fd_video >= 0)
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_video, VIDEO_SLOWMOTION, Speed));
}

Klaus