[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.1 plugin

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Other people have already been working on a similar plugin, but none of them
> has either announced nor supplied a plugin to the community. Maybe, we can
> join our efforts to release a very versatile plugin soon.

I uploaded sources to http://www.hut.fi/u/phintuka/vdr/
(got it finally working again :)

Some notes:
- this is not a release; code is still incomplete and probably very buggy
  and unclean
- tested only with analogtv plugin, not with dvb card
- no documentation in package / available.
  some options are saved to config file after first run, and
  some options can be passed in command line.
- network streaming not ready
- current version displays video in X window only, so
  DISPLAY environment variable must be set before running vdr.
  I use X server in 720x576 interlaced mode without any window manager
  (VGA output is directly connected to SCART RGB input of TV).
- xine-lib must be installed before compiling the plugin.
  for mpeg1 streams current CVS version of xine-lib is required.
  mpeg2 should work with latest released xine-lib.
- when started first time the plugin enters keyboard command learning
  state (keyboard input from X window is transferred to VDR).

Initially the purprose of the plugin was just output video to TV via
VGA card.
With (not yet complete) network streaming any xine-lib based client can be
used. Transferring keyboard/mouse input from xine-lib based client works
only if client is modified to support it (simple xine-sxfe -based client
is provided in the package). Some commands may be available even
with xine-ui, but I haven't tried it yet.

- Petri