[vdr] Re: vdr and TTUSB Budget

Hi,

vdr is not a media player, so it has no built in sw-mpeg2 decoder,
so if you use a nova card instead of a nexus (to speak in haupauge terms)
you need some mpeg2 decoder, which can be a DXR3-mpeg2 PCI card (30€ ebay),
or the new vdr-xine (software X11) plugin, so vdr has a primary device
to output it's osd (the user interface).
this is regardless of the dvb-input device, which can even be a analog
tv-card using a sw-mpeg-encoder plugin or a network stream from an other vdr.

so look on this list in the past few days there have been several people
claiming success with the vdr-xine pluign.

Regads Onno

david.thompson@magharl.co.uk schrieb:
Hello:
I have finally gotten my Nova-T USB to work in Linux and have been watching tele using Xine for the past couple of weeks.
However, I would really like to get VDR to work and I am having problems.
I have tried installing several versions of VDR (CVS and specific SuSE 8.2 builds) and have had success with none of them. Since I am using the ttusb, I am having to use the DVB-Kernel drivers and not standard DVB...
The error I receive is that VDR can find no primary device...
Do you have any advice for me...
I greatly appreciate it and am also trying to put together a helpful how-to guide for Nova-T USB users so that they can set up their in hours and not months as I has taken me! :-)
Best Wishes,
David Thompson