[vdr] Re: dvb-ttpci.o: init_module: No such device

David Hellmann wrote:
> > For testing purposes it's enough to try a "make insmod" in the
> DVB/driver
> > directory.
> > At the end of the output you should get a "sync".
>
> Ich habe auch schon im makedev.napi in /driver Verzeichnis ausgeführt...
> Mit make insmod bekomme ich die folgende Ausgabe:

Until this command throws errors, you cannot run vdr.

> Using /lib/modules/2.4.21/kernel/drivers/input/input.o
> insmod: a module named input already exists
> Using /lib/modules/2.4.21/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.o
> insmod: a module named evdev already exists
> dvb-ttpci.o: init_module: No such device
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

I got exactly the same messages with Mandrake 9.1 and Lirc. Because Mandrake
is shipped with a (corrupt) lirc-version, there were some object files of
lirc. After
I copied the self compiled ones into the directory make insmod was possible.

That's way I said, that there could be some kernel-dvb-driver where they
shouldn't be. Perhaps you should ask this in the DVB-ML. They are the
experts. ;-)

Martin