[vdr] Re: recommended ATX/MATX case??

On Tuesday, 16. September 2003 11:28, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> There are two Good Things about the Shuttle.
> - they use heatpipe to cool the CPU
> - some models have 2 PCI slots

casetronic C137 has 2 also - because of the flat layout and the external
power supply you need no fan for the case itself - it has air-slots at the
sides and on top.

Of course - if you like to use a P4 (80Watts) one will need a large cooler,
for a P3 (30W) it's much easier. I'am thinking of using a 11dB Papst-fan
(60mm), which is probably unhearable against the hard-disk (28dB),
unfortunately every hard disk manufacturer uses a different scale to measure
the noise - and even then they get other numbers then e.g. the ct'magazin did.
So one has to have a hearing-test oneself to go for sure.

Some Via-CPU's need no fan at all (as does with my P2-450 here also), for the
Via-Nehemiah (wich is just as fast) exist also some home-made fanless coolers.

But i don't see any use of such expensive cooling so long the hard-disk is
that much louder!