[vdr] Re: Streamdev-PlugIn Status and Plans

Am Freitag, 19. September 2003 11:23 schrieben Sie:

> > Also, if anyone of you has short code snippets implementing basic
> > RTSP-Servers and/or Clients (or even a fully equipped library), please
>
> tell
>
> > me (makes things easier). Ah, please don't post "look into xine" etc.,
>
> There is a RTP-Framework lib (written in C++!!) called liblive available
> at http://www.live.com/liveMedia/ . Some programmer from my old project
> used it for Client- and Server-Implementations of a MPEG1 RTP streaming
> application. I'm not sure, if it also supports MPEG2 yet, but it might
> be worth a look at!

Mplayer uses it for the complete RTSP-handling. So It should support MPEG2.

There are also several client/server/test-proggies in the live.com-package.

But maybe using a patched FFSERVER would be a better approach as it is a great
streaming server and RTSP is currently implemented. So it would only need to
add some interface-code for vdr-plugin. This would allow relatively easy to
implement streaming and replaying by HTTP, RTSP and REFORMATING/REENCODING of
the A/V-stream (e.g. for W-LAN).

FFSERVER also allows time-shifting!

Rene