[vdr] Re: StillPicture in a plugin

Olivier Jacques schrieb:
Hello list,

I'm trying to write my next plugin.
But I don't succeed in displaying a still picture from within the
plugin.
I have been trying to do this:
  uchar tempbuf[100000];
  int n;
  FILE *f;

  f=fopen("test.mpg","r");
  if (f!=NULL) {
    n=fread(tempbuf,1,sizeof(tempbuf),f);
    fclose(f);
    if (n > 0) {
      cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->DeviceStillPicture(tempbuf, n);
    } else {
      esyslog("Error when displaying background picture");
    }
  } else {
    esyslog("Can't open test.mpg file");
  }

But this doesn't work, I get at compile time:
  menu.c:187: no matching function for call to
  `cDevice::DeviceStillPicture (unsigned char[100000], int &)'
  make[1]: *** [menu.o] Error 1

By digging in the ML archives, I saw that Jan Elkom and Daniel Sáez
Domingo succeeded in doing something like that (and probably Klaus :) )

Could you help me?

I used this function in my VCD and PCD plugins and it works nicely. You can see it implemeted in the source files vcd_viewer.c and pcd_viewer.c

HTH
Thomas