[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-streamdev-0.1.0 _and_ -0.1.1beta1 (Client/ServerStreaming)

Hi,
you don't have the propper codecs/filters installed, you
will need other dsfilters as with the old streaming plugin.

i think those are also from elcard, but i think its their
mpeg2 filter pack. ah and you shouldn't install "codec-packs"
they usually break things, my w2k is dead regarding streaming and
mepg_pes capabilities.

Regards Onno

André Weidemann schrieb:

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

Did you try the various stream types? (e.g. in VDR's Setup Menu, entry "HTTP Stream type" or via http://video:3000/PS|PES|TS/8)
Changing the stream type does not affect WMP's behaviour...

Maybe it doesn't read enough data to identify the stream correctly... I would suggest now to increase the cache (or pre-buffer more precisely), but I've got no idea how to do that in WMP, sorry...
I set the buffer to 10 seconds, wich should be enuf, but it did not make a difference. The WMP does not seem to connect.

I'm curious if there are other poeple out there who tried HTTP streaming with the Windows Media Player 9 and if it worked for them or not...

André.