[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-streamdev-0.1.0 _and_ -0.1.1beta1 (Client/Server Streaming)

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:17:37AM +0200, Andr? Weidemann wrote:

> I'm curious if there are other poeple out there who tried HTTP streaming
> with the Windows Media Player 9 and if it worked for them or not...

I have never ever been able to get WMP to play streaming MPEGs, in any version from 6.4 onwards. I think it is simply
unsupported, since if you want streaming media you should of course only ever be connecting to a Windows Media Services
server... :|

The VideoLAN client is probably your best bet.. http://www.videolan.org/ - and yes I know you wanted a solution that
didn't require lots of machines to install new software :(

Cheers,
Gavin.