[vdr] Re: Howto to use VDR with only Streamdev and Xine plugin (no DVB hardware)

On Thursday 25 September 2003 18:19, you wrote:

> Currently not, because (from how I understand it), the EPG data is filtered
> out of the TS in hardware,

Does this apply to the many of us who have only budget cards + Dxr3/software
decode? Would it be possible to open a new fd to the DVB card and read the
whole TS directly?

> I've already tried to do that (but not extensively), more exactly I tried
> to cause the state VDR is in when you start it with CurrentChannel=0 (in
> setup.conf), because that's exactly what we need here...

Ah cool, we have the faith, and you have the knowledge, so let's sprinkle some
magic fairy dust and it'll all just start working in the morning ;))

 > Of course, "client can override" or similar would need to be a
> > configurable option :)
>
> Yes, surely. As soon I'm able to fully control it I even plan a priority
> system.

Super :) I feel there are very interesting times ahead what with the software
plugins etc...

Cheers,
Gavin.