[vdr] Re: Howto to use VDR with only Streamdev and Xine plugin (no DVB hardware)

At Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 23:30 Gavin Hamill wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 September 2003 21:58, you wrote:
> > That's not 100% correct. It sends all PIDs specified for one channel
> > (i.e. 1xvid, 2xaud, 2xdolby at max), not the whole TS from the card...
>
> I stand corrected :)
>
> Is this the reason that I wouldn't be seeing things like Schedule EPG
> data when using streamdev client even in TS mode? Aside from NFS sharing

Yes.

> the epg.data file, is there a way around this?

Currently not, because (from how I understand it), the EPG data is filtered
out of the TS in hardware, so the client doesn't have a chance to do that.
but I hope when Klaus re-designs section filtering and stuff in 1.3, it
will be possible somehow.

I'll think about a workaround (using LSTE/PUTE via SVDRP) right now...

> > There are still some problems in that area, because you can't "switch
> > off" live-tv, so there will always be a transponder in use in the
> > server...
>
> Would it be possible to, for example, define a 'null' channel so if a
> client changes to a channel on a different transponder, then the server
> will show the blank null channel onscreen , and switch frequencies for
> the client?

I've already tried to do that (but not extensively), more exactly I tried to
cause the state VDR is in when you start it with CurrentChannel=0 (in
setup.conf), because that's exactly what we need here...

> Of course, "client can override" or similar would need to be a
> configurable option :)

Yes, surely. As soon I'm able to fully control it I even plan a priority
system.

Greetings,
Sascha