[vdr] Re: Howto to use VDR with only Streamdev and Xine plugin (no DVB hardware)

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 21:58, you wrote:

> That's not 100% correct. It sends all PIDs specified for one channel (i.e.
> 1xvid, 2xaud, 2xdolby at max), not the whole TS from the card...

I stand corrected :)

Is this the reason that I wouldn't be seeing things like Schedule EPG data
when using streamdev client even in TS mode? Aside from NFS sharing the
epg.data file, is there a way around this?

> There are still some problems in that area, because you can't "switch off"
> live-tv, so there will always be a transponder in use in the server...

Would it be possible to, for example, define a 'null' channel so if a client
changes to a channel on a different transponder, then the server will show
the blank null channel onscreen , and switch frequencies for the client?

Of course, "client can override" or similar would need to be a configurable
option :)

Cheers,
Gavin.