[vdr] Re: Howto to use VDR with only Streamdev and Xine plugin(no DVB hardware)

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 17:19, Gavin Hamill wrote:

> I've actually been using the 'xineliboutput' plugin rather than vdr-xine
> because it just uses the normal xine-lib, doesn't need patched, and doesn't
> need a Xine UI instance - it just opens an X window containing the video.

Where does the 'xineliboutput' plugin come from? I've tried searching
the mailing list archives, Google, etc. and can't find any references to
it!

The vdr-xine plugin works fine for me and I'm really impressed with it
(apart from emptying its buffer after a while: cured by pausing xine for
a second or so) but I may as well test the other options!

Home-made LIRC receiver working well too...

Cheers,

Laz