[vdr] Re: X081,requant,mplex,dvdauthor ..

On Sunday 28 September 2003 11:58, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a special reason to use java to do the sync (slow) and not
> http://vdrsync.vdr-portal.de/ which is really FAST?

well, this is one reason i have posted this up to public
- - and this is the reason at all to use publicity, GPL .. ;-)
- - to extend my knowledge either ..

i did not know about such tools .. so i will check them out
.. and will report tests later ..

just to explain:

the reson not to use a simple deplex tool, e.g. one of the metzler bros.
is because, they do not take care of the dynamic async of a/v !

so .. if vdrsync.vdr-portal.de does this as well as the X081 tool,
well - it might be better.

but X081 ain't slow .. it is fast .. but the re-sync takes a bit time

just for the record: java ain't slow ;-) take an actual JVM, e.g. 1.4.2-b28.
and X081 is GPL'ed either .. nothing closed sourced there ..

but one bad thing within X081 is, that sometimes, it won't demux the streams
right - thats why i have some ext. checks in the script !
sometimes might be the occasion, if the stream is horrible broken ..

> Also for the menu creation, there is already a VDR integrated solution:
> http://vdrportal.homelinux.com/vdrconvert/

thx a lot

> What I would really like is a vdrconvert solution which include
> M2VRequantizer/M2VDownsizer such that the final DVD will exactly fits on
> on DVD-5 ;-)

yep .. just to save ressources .. know 2 movies can fit on one dvd-5,
so the dvd waste - or more worse, splitting 3 movies on 2 dvd-r
is the past ;-)

> I'll try your tool engine in a few day, thank you very much for it!!!
>
> 	Grégoire
> http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch

- --
health & wealth
mailto:sgoethel@jausoft.com
www   : http://www.jausoft.com ; pgp: http://www.jausoft.com/gpg/
voice : +49-5121-999600 ; fax : +49-5121-999602