[vdr] Re: X081,requant,mplex,dvdauthor ..

Gregoire Favre schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> is there a special reason to use java to do the sync (slow) and not
> http://vdrsync.vdr-portal.de/ which is really FAST?

you're right vdrsync is much faster then X08, but it still dosn't handle all vdr
streams, especially if the vdr recording is a problem recording one.

> Also for the menu creation, there is already a VDR integrated solution:
> http://vdrportal.homelinux.com/vdrconvert/

this tool is something i don't want to use, the author borrowed code from another one
and throw away copyright information from the original author.

> What I would really like is a vdrconvert solution which include
> M2VRequantizer/M2VDownsizer such that the final DVD will exactly fits on
> on DVD-5 ;-)
>
> I'll try your tool engine in a few day, thank you very much for it!!!
>
>         Grégoire

Gerald