[vdr] Re: vdr and conax?

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 12:56, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Tapio Karinsalo wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >  In my area all tv channels are crypted with conax. I can't find any
> >conax ci-module in vdr ci-module menu? So how I get it work? I have
> >happauge pci dvb-c card with ci-module and conax smartcard....
>
> Have a look at ftp://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt, it has some
> info about what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately Conax seems to be
> among the ones that doesn't work.
>
> May I ask in which town you live in? Turku/Finland also uses Conax, and
> I'm curious as to where you got all the "needed" stuff for the DVB card.
>

> --
>         Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
>                                               -- Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Hi, here in Uusikaupunki/Finland Conax 4.0 CAM with Siemnes 1.5 C-card
and CI from www.usa-x.org have been working allmost a week. Uusikaupunki
area belongs to 3KTV cable network, which is propably present in all
other cities exepct Helsinki, Turku, Tampere and Oulu. I have bought the
Conax CAM from local dealer, but after that I noticed a cheeper one in
http://www.mediaplazashop.com/camodulit.htm.

               Timo Helkiö