[vdr] Re: vdr and conax?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Timo [ISO-8859-1] Helkiö wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 12:56, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Tapio Karinsalo wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >  In my area all tv channels are crypted with conax. I can't find any
>> >conax ci-module in vdr ci-module menu? So how I get it work? I have
>> >happauge pci dvb-c card with ci-module and conax smartcard....
>>
>> Have a look at ftp://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt, it has some
>> info about what works and what doesn't. Unfortunately Conax seems to be
>> among the ones that doesn't work.
>>
>> May I ask in which town you live in? Turku/Finland also uses Conax, and
>> I'm curious as to where you got all the "needed" stuff for the DVB card.

>Hi, here in Uusikaupunki/Finland Conax 4.0 CAM with Siemnes 1.5 C-card
>and CI from www.usa-x.org have been working allmost a week. Uusikaupunki
>area belongs to 3KTV cable network, which is propably present in all
>other cities exepct Helsinki, Turku, Tampere and Oulu. I have bought the
>Conax CAM from local dealer, but after that I noticed a cheeper one in
>http://www.mediaplazashop.com/camodulit.htm.

Ah, very nice. I've been looking for some place where to get those CAM:s,
as our local cable company just says "we don't have 'em, check local
antenna dealers or electronics shops". So far I have found none.

However, it does amount to quite a lot of money for the CI and CAM, but
maybe it's worth it.

Anyway, you mean that Conax works just fine although it's marked as "not
really working" in ftp://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt?

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.