[vdr] Re: VDR-distros should collaborate ...

Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently we do have at least 3 VDR-distros out there (Mulimidix, LinVDR
> and ctvdr).
>
> What about a collaboration between the distros instead of building each
> one from the root?
>
> That means we waste capacities doing everything three times instead of
> concentrating on one.
>
> I like the approach of the c't-distro with a slim Debian-woody less than
> 200 MByte. Anything can be added as a Debian-package and it can even be
> extended to a full Debian.

As LinVDR is a really small Distro you can't compare it to ct-vdr. ct-vdr
is like a "All-in-One"-Distro for even a newbie. I like LinVDR, because
I want to build a small, diskless VDR and I believe, LinVDR is the
right direction to do this.

So I think it's good to keep the advantages in separate distros - for
each goal a special distro...

Just my thoughts...

Martin