[vdr] Re: vdr => dvd

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:03:06PM +0100, Steffen Barszus wrote:

> Would be nice if you would have read my mail. vdrconvert depends on
>
> transcode (I don't want install it)

Well, without mplex or tcmplex (or similar) I don't see how you could
mux?

> ancient dvdauthor (or can someone say if it works with actual dvdauthor too ?)

Oh, sorry :-)
You can find the needed dvdauthor at same place you find vdrconvert :-)

> I currently try it anyway, but it isn't really trivial to install....

Well, I don't use it anymore since a lots of time: I use cPVA under wine
to demux (no need to cut: gaim of disc usage and time) then tcmplex to
mux into a mpeg2 file. Then with a recent dvdauthor I create my DVD ;-)

Today someone posted http://fredrik.hubbe.net/hacks/ which contains
mkdvd 1.45 DVD creator script (which depends on pike
http://pike.ida.liu.se/ which I don't know yet), could be of some
interest for you also...

I hope you like this answer better :-)

	Grégoire