[vdr] Re: vdr => dvd

Am Sonntag, 4. Januar 2004 16:22 schrieb Gregoire Favre:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 04:03:06PM +0100, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Would be nice if you would have read my mail. vdrconvert depends on
> >
> > transcode (I don't want install it)
>
> Well, without mplex or tcmplex (or similar) I don't see how you could
> mux?

mplex should suffice. That is what i have used till now.

> > ancient dvdauthor (or can someone say if it works with actual dvdauthor
> > too ?)
>
> Oh, sorry :-)
> You can find the needed dvdauthor at same place you find vdrconvert :-)

The question is will it break the use of a current dvdauthor. I think so. And
I don't want to miss the ability to use the newer dvdauthor.

> > I currently try it anyway, but it isn't really trivial to install....
>
> Well, I don't use it anymore since a lots of time: I use cPVA under wine
> to demux (no need to cut: gaim of disc usage and time) then tcmplex to
> mux into a mpeg2 file. Then with a recent dvdauthor I create my DVD ;-)

Thats the way i have done it till now ;), the only difference is that i have
used ds_X. I will try now vdrsync. If it is reliable as ds_X its easier to
script.  But multiple title on one dvd suck w/o a menu. and i wanted it a bit
more automatic. the biggest problem is menu generation. alltough gozer looks
promizing for this task.

> Today someone posted http://fredrik.hubbe.net/hacks/ which contains
> mkdvd 1.45 DVD creator script (which depends on pike
> http://pike.ida.liu.se/ which I don't know yet), could be of some
> interest for you also...

Yep i will have a look there as well. I have given up on vdrconvert as well

> I hope you like this answer better :-)

Yep ;)

I think till i have installed dvdauthor i could write an own litlle script
that fits my needs. or i'll do it by hand, as i have done it till now.

Steffen