[vdr] Re: No sound on RTL (some times)

Also sprach Martin Holst zu "08.01.2004 18:33" Anno Domini:
> Hi
>
> I've written to the list a few weeks ago with the same problem. Now I'm
> pretty sure, that with newer versions of dvb-driver and dvb-kernel the channel
> RTL or - to be more exactly - the sound of this channel get lost. If I switch
> to RTL, there is some times no sound. When I switch (for example) to SAT1 or
> even to Super RTL I've sound. Switching back to RTL: No sound. With driver
> before 1.11.03 I've never had this behaviour. Only a restart of the driver bring
> back the sound.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed. To be more exactly: This only happens in "live" mode.
Switching to transfer mode, e.g. by starting a recording on RTL brings
up the sound until recording is stopped and switched to live mode again
(e.g. by switching to another channel and back again).

> tested with vdr 1.2.x and vdr 1.3.0, several (recent) dvb-driver and
> dvb-kernel versions, channels.conf from the vdr-distribution, no plugins&patches

My setup: vdr 1.2.6 (with some patches and plugins), suggested
dvb-driver, kernel 2.4.21, WinTV Nexus-s

--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "Quis custodit custodes?