[vdr] Re: No sound on RTL (some times)

Am Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2004 18:39 schrieb Patrick Cernko:
> Also sprach Martin Holst zu "08.01.2004 18:33" Anno Domini:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've written to the list a few weeks ago with the same problem. Now I'm
> > pretty sure, that with newer versions of dvb-driver and dvb-kernel the
> > channel RTL or - to be more exactly - the sound of this channel get lost.
> > If I switch to RTL, there is some times no sound. When I switch (for
> > example) to SAT1 or even to Super RTL I've sound. Switching back to RTL:
> > No sound. With driver before 1.11.03 I've never had this behaviour. Only
> > a restart of the driver bring back the sound.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this?

Yap. On ARD, this happens, too sometimes (I just never noticed because I watch
ARD quite seldom). This even applies to VDR 1.3.0.

Anyway, I have this problem for a quite long time now (I update my driver on a
regular basis).

> Confirmed. To be more exactly: This only happens in "live" mode.
> Switching to transfer mode, e.g. by starting a recording on RTL brings
> up the sound until recording is stopped and switched to live mode again
> (e.g. by switching to another channel and back again).

Yes that's what I realized just yesterday, too.

> My setup: vdr 1.2.6 (with some patches and plugins), suggested
> dvb-driver, kernel 2.4.21, WinTV Nexus-s

vdr 1.2.6 and 1.3.0 (with and without patches and plugins), DVB-Driver from
early december, Kernel 2.4.20, WinTV Nexus-S

Greetings,
Sascha