[vdr] Re: dd with SB live under 2.6 with VDR?

Hi thanks,

i will evaluate it next weekend, im eager to see, ahem hear it :)

Regards Onno

Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
If you are interested I can send you a preliminary plugin which uses
a52dec for both replay and lifeview (synchronized with the GetSTC
technique), but
is that still the version 0.0.1 or is it something new, if that is the case
i would kindly ask if you could send me a copy too.

I tagged it 0.2, and it is working for me quite nicely (not for DVDs, I got my DVD drive for christmas and didn't have time to look into this).
However, it's not a very clean solution, see below.

You have to apply the patch included in the package. This mutes the TV (only for cDvbDevices) when AC3 is available.
The system mixer is set according to VDR's volume. You will have to adjust the command in the SetVolume() function, a52externalaudio.c:65.
If you are not using "a52dec -o oss6", change the command in Start(), a52dec.c:71.
To use AC3 audio you change Main Menu -> A52 Audio -> Active to true. (Forget about the delay option). After your movie switch it back.

So you see there is a huge to do list but I have no time for this right now.

Here it is:
http://www.wiesweg-online.de/linux/vdr/vdr-a52dec-0.2.tgz

Marcel