[vdr] Re: About the OSD color table

Am Sonntag, 11. Januar 2004 18:14 schrieb Philippe:
> So I wrote another piece of code wich shows the OSD quite well. I had to
> split my big palette of 256 colors into MAXNUMWINDOWS small palettes.

That's how VDR does it, too.

> Here are my little questions :
>
> Does VDR use distincts palettes for the different windows ?

Yes. Look at the VDR code for this (osdbase.h especially). Each Window is a
Bitmap, and each Bitmap is a Palette (speaking in terms of C++ objects). So
each Window has its own palette indeed :)

> MAXNUMWINDOWS*MAXNUMCOLORS = 7*16 = 112 colors max in the vanilla VDR

With MAXNUMCOLORS=256 (as required by the Picture-In-Picture PlugIn), the
amount would be bigger, but usually it's just a matter of RAM available for
the OSD. So, you could (in this case) have 7*256 = 1792 different colors at
once, but ONLY if the windows are small enough. (Am I right here? Correct me
if I'm wrong someone. Could be that the DVB card can only have 256 colors at
all, but that would be device-specific).

Hope this helps :-)

Greetings,
Sascha