[vdr] Re: WLAN and VDR

Rainer Fleischhacker wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:43:50PM +0100, Richard Müller wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I haven't found anything about suitable wlan-cards to use with VDR. Are
>>there special cards which are _not_ compatible with the debian linux?
>
> Hi Richard,
> I'm using a Netgear MA311 (prism chipset). It works good with Debian
> Woody and Sarge.

Hi Rainer,
meanwhile I got a Netgear MA 311, The computer is on the 2nd floor, the
acccess point in the cellar, perhaps is the distance too great. I get
"AP out of range", "AP in range", "connected", "not connected". I cannot
send a ping to any othe computer in the network, I can not connect from
another client tro the VDR-host.

Recently I installed an wireless network card on my notebook (WinXP), it
was quite a heap of work (name of net, key etc). The VDR installation
program just asked for IP, host name, netmask and gateway. So I assume
that the wlan card is not yet installed. Is an HOWTO existing which
describes the installation of a wlan card?
Thank you, Richard

--
Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve
r.mueller@oeko-sorpe.de - www.oeko-sorpe.de