[vdr] 1.3.1 and Conax not working

Hi,

I tried 1.3.1 as we've had frequent crashes with 1.2.6 since we started
watching encrypted channels, but it works with mixed results. The
encrypted channels do not work at all, only a black screen but with
correct EPG info. All other FTA channels work normally and seemingly
without any problems.

Maybe relevant stuff from the log (channel 10 is an encrypted channel):

kernel: DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev2.1 or
        2.2).
kernel: DVB: VES1820(0): setup for tuner sp5659c
kernel: DVB: VES1820(0): pwm=0x00
kernel: DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (VES1820 based DVB-C frontend)...
kernel: DVB: AV7111(0) - firm f0240009, rtsl b0250018, vid 71010068, app
        8000261b
kernel: DVB: AV7111(0) - firmware supports CI link layer interface
kernel: av7110(0): adac type set to 0
kernel: Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev2.1 or 2.2 adapter 0 has MAC addr =
        00:d0:5c:21:34:77
vdr[4727]: setting watchdog timer to 60 seconds
vdr[4727]: retuning due to modification of channel 10
vdr[4727]: switching to channel 10
vdr[4727]: max. latency time 1 seconds
vdr[4732]: CAM: Conax 4.00e, 01, 0B00, 04B1

The card is a full featured Hauppauge DVB-c card. The CAM is a Conax 4.00.
I use the driver package linux-dvb.2003-11-08, the same Klaus used for
1.3.1. I also tried the driver with the -icam firmware and various
combinations of hw_sections=[01], but with similar or a worse result. The
README in the DVB driver package doesn't describe too much what the point
of the two firmwares is, at least it doesn't make sense to me.

Once I did get a single still frame shown when switching to an encrypted
channel, so something is kind of working.

Anything particular that should be tested/debugged or is it better to
revert to 1.2.6 for now?

Kind regards,
    Jan Ekholm

--

   Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Men at Arms