[vdr] Re: DVD- & VCD-Plugin: Problems with Remote-Control dependingon hdparm-setting

Thats strange, and maybe the point to look at. Why needs the DVD Plugin 20-35% on my system with Celeron 2000 ?!?
The DVD-ROM is attatched single at a IDE-Port.

i think it might be your (pci) hardware timing and or the kernel/libc timing
(do you use glibc 2.3, or 2.6 kernel, or gentoo ?)

I have gcc 3.3, glibc 2.3.2, kernel 2.4.20 ( SuSE )

Thanks
  Siggi

n.p.
What does n.p. mean? no problem ?
i just thought someone should answer,
Your help was very welcome, I hope you didnīt get me wrong at some part...
Nothing was ment in a offensively sense.
since problems like that are reported
frequently on the (german) vdr-portal.de, usually some ide/pci setting is the cause.
Mhh, I posted this problem there, too. But I think also that this may have its reason in kind of IDE settings. I will try some different settings to see what happens.
Maybe I have to get a little deeper in the stuff with libdvdnav etc.
also the dvd plugin has some special features, like the read ahead (0 seems best),
Never used this, maybe it changes something. Will give it a try, too.
there is a hdparm setting for read ahead too,
if i remember it right, this depens on how fast your system is.
I tried that with -A 1 -a 32, but my DVD-drive doesnīt support this.

I mentioned the glic version, because in newer redhat/mandrake systems it uses the nptl, which leads to trouble, if the software is not aware of it.
a LD_ASSUME_KERNEL can help in that case, but i'm no expert for that, seek google for better answers.
Havenīt heard of this till now, I will look at it next.

Thanks
  Siggi