[vdr] Re: AW: Re: softdevice-0.0.4 plugin with Xv output method

On Monday 12 January 2004 20:12, Stefan Lucke wrote:
> On Monday 12 January 2004 18:26, Roland wrote:

> > So I hope that I can release the next version at the end of january
> > that supports:
> > -accellerated Xv Output (thanks to Stefan Lucke)
>
> I did some further steps: Xv-out has now its own remote. For
> remotes name I suggest in extension to Klaus's rules softdevice-xv, to
> allow different names for other output methods.
>
> I'll try aspect ratio change handling too.

Since we have time to end of january with next softdevice release,
I'd like to share the next version of my patch.
It is available via:
  http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de/

When OSD kicks in you'll notice a high cpu usage. This is under investigation.

16:9 aspect ration change is handled when detected. But most of the transmissions
which seem to be 16:9 are still 4:3. They encode big BLACK bars :-((.

16:9 switch is checked with an ARD recording which my DXR3 fails to detect and
shows tall faces (mybe due to my old version).

--
--------

Stefan Lucke