[vdr] Re: AW: Re: softdevice-0.0.4 plugin with Xv output method

> > @Holger: would a full screen, 256 color OSD be sufficient for MHP, or does
> > it requite even more?
>
> IIRC you need a full-color display. A more serious problem is that the
> MHP spec requires at least an OSD, a video and a stillpicture layer,
> maybe even multiple still layers (maybe these could get faked using the
> window stack). But that's just like I remind things, if anybody here has
> the specs handy please check and report whether my memory is true...

The three layers are background, video and graphics. Colour model is stated to
be "logical truecolor"... as we have to keep in mind, that multiple jpegs are
allowed and even mpeg2 video driplets (but this I don't remember very exactly)
, 256 colors are not suffisant.

> > But then again, who needs MHP... ;-)

Just browse through the VDR plugin dir and take a look what could be
implemented with the actual MHP profiles existing:

weather, calendar, even mail reading, games, webbrowser...
(I don't know, what the status of PVR control through MHP is...)

And with MHP such a plugin would not only run on vdr but on any Box which is
capable of MHP... MHP allows (or will... I am not really up to date) also
resident applications. I think MHP does not mean TV-commerce in any sight. There are many other possibilities without backchannel communication.

Regs
 Stephan