[vdr] Re: AW: Re: softdevice-0.0.4 plugin with Xv output method

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Holger Waechtler wrote:

Jörg Knitter wrote:

P.S.: Feel free to answer this mail as PM as not everyone might be
interested... First of all, I want to know, if we will ever get a VDR incl. MHP with
nearly the same video quality as when using the TV out of the OSD-limited
Nexus.
no - that's pretty unlikely, MHP requires a much more flexible OSD than
the av711x provides.

I'm going to make VDR's OSD interface much more abstract, so that if you
actually have a device that can do a full screen 256 color OSD, a plugin
could make use of that.

@Holger: would a full screen, 256 color OSD be sufficient for MHP, or does
it requite even more?
IIRC you need a full-color display. A more serious problem is that the MHP spec requires at least an OSD, a video and a stillpicture layer, maybe even multiple still layers (maybe these could get faked using the window stack). But that's just like I remind things, if anybody here has the specs handy please check and report whether my memory is true...

But then again, who needs MHP... ;-)
;) I didn't asked for it - just grep your VDR-ML inbox to find out who's asking again and again...

Holger