[vdr] Re: Feature Request: History of vdr-messages

Hi!

Am Di, 2004-01-13 um 15.28 schrieb Gerhard Steiner:

> I also thought about such a plugin, but didn't find the time to make it.
> But it would be very interesting to have a message-viewer.
> Gerhard

> > as several programs send via SVDRP a message to the vdr-OSD, I would like
> > to have something like a vdr-message history of the last x messages. If
> > possible, the number of stored messages should be adjustable via OSD. If
> > not, it could (in my opinion) set to 5.
> >
> > To enhance the usability of such a history, the date&time of each message
> > should also be saved.

I  think this is could be very useful. But I have two additions. The
first one is, I would like to set the message timeout to an other value
than other OSD timeouts and I wolud like to send more then only one
line, mabe two or three.

I send a message for every incoming call, and it is very hard to read a
message with many numbers or long names if you don't expect one to
appear. So history or one of my request wold be very cool for me!

Christian