[vdr] Re: merge vdr files.

Hi,

tarass@club-internet.fr wrote:
> bin/cat: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
> dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
>
> > What distribution do you use?
>
> Salckware 9

On traditional Unices it was impossible to write a single file larger
than 2 GB.  It might be that on certain distributions the utility
program 'cat' is compiled without the so called "large file support"
necessary to write files larger than 2 GB without a overflowing file
pointer.  I must admit that I didn't have Slackware 9 on any of my
Linux boxes so I can't check this now.  This also depends on the
filesystem used:  AFAIR ext2 has also the 2GB limitation, where
reiserfs, ext3 and so on allow large files.

Merging a recording with less than 2 GB should work though.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen)