[vdr] Re: merge vdr files.

Le 01/16/2004 07:06 PM, Peter Funk a joliment écrit :

On traditional Unices it was impossible to write a single file larger
than 2 GB. It might be that on certain distributions the utility
program 'cat' is compiled without the so called "large file support"
necessary to write files larger than 2 GB without a overflowing file
pointer. I must admit that I didn't have Slackware 9 on any of my
Linux boxes so I can't check this now. This also depends on the
filesystem used: AFAIR ext2 has also the 2GB limitation, where reiserfs, ext3 and so on allow large files.
I've read (but misunderstood) that ext3 and ext2 have exactly the same way to record on a disk, and you can sitch from ext2 to ext3 and back without to format the partition, the difference is in a diary and a different checkin method.

Anyway, it's only dvb-mplex that complains about the merging of vdr file, as mplayer or mencoder don't and that on the same file.

I'm trying dvb-mplex on a merged file with the new cat version 5.

Thanks for your concern.

Nicolas.

--
Powered .~.