[vdr] Re: merge vdr files.

Le 01/16/2004 07:06 PM, Peter Funk a joliment écrit :

On traditional Unices it was impossible to write a single file larger
than 2 GB. It might be that on certain distributions the utility
program 'cat' is compiled without the so called "large file support"
necessary to write files larger than 2 GB without a overflowing file
pointer. I must admit that I didn't have Slackware 9 on any of my
Linux boxes so I can't check this now. This also depends on the
filesystem used: AFAIR ext2 has also the 2GB limitation, where reiserfs, ext3 and so on allow large files.

Merging a recording with less than 2 GB should work though.
There is no more such a limit.

Kernel documentation ext2.txt says :

Filesystem block size:     1kB        2kB        4kB        8kB

File size limit:          16GB      256GB     2048GB     2048GB
Filesystem size limit:  2047GB     8192GB    16384GB    32768GB

I've block size off 4kB, like most.

Nicolas.

--
   Powered           .~.