[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.1 autopid observations

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Was this the "one and only" NIT that was broadcast?
Meaning: did you wait for a while in case another (different)
NIT would come? I'm asking because Martin Neuditschko's case
there are several different NITs on one transponder, all with
different frequency settings, and we haven't figured out yet
how to tell which one is the valid one.

Since I have no way of debugging this here (I ave no cable)
I'm afraid you'll have to look further into this yourself to find out
where exactly something is not happening as expected.

Klaus

Yes, this was the only output. Right now my channels.conf consists of one channel (with a wrong "name") and this was the only output I got from vdr for more than an hour. (My EPG scan timeout is set to an hour too).

I currently do not understand where the problem is:
Is the announcement incomplete or broken? Is finding the "right" NIT (if there are more than one) non-trivial? What's the difference between Martin Neuditschko's problem and mine?

If there is anything else I can try just tell me what to do...

Best regards,
Christian