[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.1 autopid observations

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:59:03PM +0100, Christian Tramnitz wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >Was this the "one and only" NIT that was broadcast?
> >Meaning: did you wait for a while in case another (different)
> >NIT would come? I'm asking because Martin Neuditschko's case
> >there are several different NITs on one transponder, all with
> >different frequency settings, and we haven't figured out yet
> >how to tell which one is the valid one.
> >
> >Since I have no way of debugging this here (I ave no cable)
> >I'm afraid you'll have to look further into this yourself to find out
> >where exactly something is not happening as expected.
> >
> >Klaus
>
> Yes, this was the only output.

I don't know, but probably this is interesting: In my case I had to
restart vdr (and everytime change the channels.conf to its initial
state) several times until I get more NIT-blocks (I don't know a better
name for it). The first time I get 2 such NIT-blocks, next 3 or 4 times
I get only 1 NIT-block and at the 5th or 6th try I get several
NIT-blocks (approximately every second one)

best regards
Martin Neuditschko