[vdr] VS: Re: Subtitles and VDR 1.3.2

Klaus Schmidinger [SMTP:Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de] kirjoitti 19. tammikuuta 2004 19:12:
> > IMHO subtitles could be included in VDR, because that
> > is a feature that is needed in all scandinavian countires
> > at any time, for "us" it is not an option :)
>
> If this question is addressed to me, I'm afraid I have to
> say that I will first do other things that are more important
> to me. I don't mean to offend anybody who depends on subtitles,
> but to me they are not important - and after all, it's my free
> time I'm investing here...

No problem Klaus. :)

I just made a suggestion about how it could fit better
in VDR in future. It would be nice if you could give you insight opinion,
subtitles better included in VDR or "standalone" plugin without version
related, code depended patches, could that be done for 1.3.x?

> So if you have a stable VDR 1.2.6 with subtitles, just stay with
> it for the time being.

Yes, that I have done. Sorry about that, cannot continue with
1.3.x before able to see and record subtitles...
..there was just this nice feature in 1.3.x to get EPG languages
correct finally, there isn't this code patch for 1.2.6 AFAIK ...  :(

Markku