[vdr] Re: Quest.: 1.3.x dev: possibilities to disable epg for certain channels

Uwe Heinrich wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> @Klaus: Is there /will there be a possibility to get new channels and
> transponders _and_ to disable the changes, epg, whatever on channels that
> habe a minor / no priority for me?
>
> I'm really glad, not to type in any change in the channels.conf, but there
> are _so_ much channels which have no meaning for me, that it would be a nice
> thing to "disable" these special channels, but also _not_ to loose the
> finding new and changing of "my" channels.
>
> Is that a feature that is of interest of somebody else- maybe it's even
> existent and I should have done some rtfm? :-)

There will soon be a new feature that allows users to define their own
list of favourite channels, which will contain only those channels (or,
to be precise, references to them) that they want to use. Most likely
I'll also make it so that actual EPG data will only be stored for channels
that are referenced in any favourite channels.list.

Klaus