[vdr] Re: system freeze when using overlay!?

Hi,

I have had the same Problem. My first solution was to watch via video-output.
This happend on an asrock-Board (k7VT2). The biggest Problem on this board was
you are forced to share the interrupts with the usb-controllers.
In the meantime I own an asus (A7V8X-X). There you can use slots without
IRQ-sharing - since then the crashes are very rare. ( I can burn dvds, copy
gigabytes over network, and watching with vdr/xawtv at the same time)
But no board is perfect. There is a soundchip on board, where I get sound only
under Windows.
I can also confirm that AGP is more critical than a PCI-graphiccard. But the
pci-card is to slow for other applications i.g. mplayer)

Regards,
Thomas Schäfer