[vdr] Re: I need some testers/debuggers for softdevice 0.0.5

Hi,

I've had (some) success using softdevice 0.0.5 with DirectFB CVS and an
EPIA-M motherboard (Nehemiah M10000).

I had to tweak the makefile to add some DirectFB includes in, but I think
this is because I haven't installed DFB++ correctly.

I also had to add #include <iostream> and 'using namespace std' to the top
of video-dfb.c to get it to compile with gcc 3.2 (a la RedHat 8.0)

I had to make the following changes:

Add: videoLayer->setOpacity(0xaf); after 'printf Using this layer for Video
out' in video-dfb.c

in order to allow the OSD to appear. However, this has darkened the video
output.

I removed the call to resize the screen (dfb->SetVideoMode) as this didn't
work and therefore caused the code to exit. I haven't yet investigated why.

Removed the calls to DLOP_DST_COLORKEY and DEINTERLACE in video-dfb.c
otherwise video would not play; videoLayer->SetConfiguration would raise an
exception and cause the code to exit.

I changed it to dlc.options = (DFBDisplayLayerOptions)0;

I don't have a TV aerial/antenna connected so I can't test watching live TV.
However, playing back videos doesn't work terribly well at present - there
are many 'clicks' in the played back audio, and video playback is very
'bursty' - plays about 5 frames, pauses, will maybe play another one, pause
etc.

The shell shows:

[mpegdecoder] Frame#80  A-V(ms) 5494100(Avg:1000) Frame Time:-60 ms Hurry:
14

There seems to be about 60% CPU usage when the OSD is displayed; don't know
if the code is trying to do some software alpha blending or something.

I have been playing around with the mpeg decoder test code for DirectFB that
Andreas Robinson wrote. I'll see if I can glue this into the plugin, as this
will allow use of the hardware decoder on this motherboard which will be
rather good!

It's looking good though - I think that the AV sync stuff might need further
work but at least I can get a picture, sound and an OSD! The hardware alpha
blending is doing something too, but it would be nice to get per pixel alpha
blend working.

Will try and glue in the hardware decoder stuff later.

Thanks very much,

Colin