[vdr] Re: Cam Aston problem

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> tho68@ssisrl.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > I felt seek last weekend so i read the follow-up to the thread i started
> > only this morning.
> >
> > foolow the  text of my first post
> >
> > > I am using VDR 1.2.6 with two cam Aston 1.05 and an original smartcard
> > > SkyItalia, The first cam has Rev 1.1 and everithing work almost fine,
> > > the
> > > second one is a Rev 1.2 and does not decrypt. I am using link layer ci
> > > interface and I start debugging the behaviour of both CAM. I observed
> > > that
> > > Rev 1.2 CAM does not handle open_session_response for session 00100041
> > > and answer with three bytes "00 01 00" that VDR does not understand and
> > > start a open_session -> close_session -> open_session loop, during which
> > > is really slow to answer channel switching or everithing else command.
> > > I does not really know anything about the protocol specification between
> > > CAM and applications, and I would be very grateful if someone can tell
> > > me
> > > where this specifications can be found, to avoid me a long and blind
> > > research.

> > About my environment I am sorry but i forgot specify that vdr 1.2.6 I
> > am using already contain the Patch from Antonino Sergi.

> > About Vdr 1.3.2 I downloaded and tried but, it seems not to be working.
> > With CAM rev 1.1 vdr 1.3.2 does not decrypt any channel and start a
> > neverending loop of about a 15 seconds duty cycle, with a white on red OSD
> > banner saying "Channel not available!".
> > With CAM rev 1.2 vdr 1.3.2 does not decrypt any encrypted channel and
> > became really slow to answer to any command (it's unusable not only slow)
>
> Can you please try VDR 1.3.3? There was a problem in CA descriptor handling...
>
> Klaus
>

> --
> Info:

I tried to vdr1.3.3 but I get the same results as 1.2.6, about Aston CAM.
Moreover with both 1.2.6 and 1.3.3  I get really often lost audio on FTA
and encrypted channel, and an OSD message saying "no right to watch ..."
and the channel is regularly unencrypted and showed on the TV screen.
The only particularity I noticed up to now is that this mis-behaviour
are more frequent ( but not exclusive )  with channel having a longer CA
descriptor.

Regards
Angelo