[vdr] Re: Feature Request: restart on UPT

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> In fact the situation is worse with the patch: I still have the UPT
> problem when I first want to record on second card, but it takes longer
> to come: I prefer an immediate exit of VDR in case of problem...
> Well, maybe it's not an UPT anymore:
> Feb  7 11:20:00 greg vdr[13116]: ERROR: video data stream broken
> Feb  7 11:20:00 greg vdr[13116]: initiating emergency exit
> (same error as reported on vdrportal.de)
>
> So I would still love to have an ROUPT option (just an ifdef isn't that
> hard ;-) ).
>
> Sorry for the bad new, but you certainly already know that your patch
> didn't solve the problem is reading vdrportal.de...

In my debugging-session last year I find out, that there must be different
sources for UPT-errors. In my case (and as I heard from some other people),
the Old_CA_Descriptorhandling-Patch solved the UPT-problem. In those cases, vdr
<1.1.28 didn't cause the UPT-error. But as you said, you got no UPT error,
but a video data stream broken error, which is a something complete different.
In my case, I can adjust the frequency of video data stream broken errors,
when I playaround with the pci-latency. So don't mix those errors.

The restart-option in case of an UPT-error is not a solution, because if
you've bad receiption, you can get those errors too. But in that case, the
UPT-error will be solved, as soon as receiption becomes better. And if you still
want a restart, you can insert the emergency-exit and the two "{"... ;-)

@Klaus: Do you've experiences with the time you let vdr wait? What was the
lower bound on your debugging machine?

Martin

JFYI: In my case, there are no UPT-errors since applying Klaus's sensational
lines. ;)