[vdr] Re: Feature Request: restart on UPT

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:07:47AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > > I just tried vdr-1.3.2 and got UPT and the recording wasn't readable at
> > > all: I forgot to edit remux.c ;-)
> > >
> > > Could this be a "feature" set in Make.config?
> > > For example with a ROUPT=1.
> >
> > Please try the suggested fix for the UPT error I posted yesterday.
> > Hopefully with this there will be no more UPT errors...
>
> In fact the situation is worse with the patch: I still have the UPT
> problem when I first want to record on second card, but it takes longer
> to come: I prefer an immediate exit of VDR in case of problem...
> Well, maybe it's not an UPT anymore:
> Feb  7 11:20:00 greg vdr[13116]: ERROR: video data stream broken
> Feb  7 11:20:00 greg vdr[13116]: initiating emergency exit
> (same error as reported on vdrportal.de)
>
> So I would still love to have an ROUPT option (just an ifdef isn't that
> hard ;-) ).
>
> Sorry for the bad new, but you certainly already know that your patch
> didn't solve the problem is reading vdrportal.de...

The patch definitely cured the UPT problem on the system I was debugging it.

Your log excerpt above indicates a "video data stream broken" error, which
I assume is a different error than the UPT error. On "video data stream broken"
VDR already does a restart when recording.

Are you absolutely, positively sure that you still get an "Unknown picture type"
error with my patch applied?

The reports on vdrportal.de indicate that it is no longer the UPT error,
but a "video data stream broken" error, which may have different roots...

Klaus