[vdr] Re: Howto route audio through soundcard

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
.

>> Is it possible to use the SPDIF output of the DVB card and route the
>> signal to the SPDIF input of the soundcard, then over the normal
>> output to the stereo amplifier?
>>
>> If yes, which plugins do I need?
>
> bitstreamout 0.50a should do the job for both MP2 and AC3 audio.

Thanks for the hint. I looked into the README of bitstreamout but I think
this supports only the output of the raw stream over a S/PDIF output to
a digital input of a digital amplifier.

What I actually need is a way out of the analog output of my onboard sound
(can output analog 5.1) of my board with SIS651 chipset.

There is a tool called dtsdec to decode the DTS signal and put it to the normal
soundcard output. Is it possible to pipe the stream into that tool or is there
another solution?

Thanks,
Andreas