[vdr] Re: Scanning problems

Am Sonntag, 15. Februar 2004 22:54 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> LinuxTV Dev wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In PAT are found several services identified by service_id and associated
> > with PMT referenced by one pid.
> >
> > Several PMT could be transported on same pid : scan.c tool doesn't take
> > care of that point (see attached patch for linux DVB drivers 1.0.1).
> >
> > PMT filtering for a service must contain tid_ext = service_id.
> >
> > See problem with TS on Astra-19.2E (S 12207000 V 27500000 3/4): pid
> > 0x0512 transports several PMTs.
> >
> > VDR 1.3.x have same problem with autopid feature, but it's more complex
> > to resolve.
> >
> > Stephane
> >
> > PS: This rule must be followed for all DVB tables (NIT, EIT...).
> > In fact, tid_ext could be important.
>
> Can you point me to the place in teh DVB docs where this is specified?

After a quick glance at the sources I think there at least is an issue with
the cSectionSyncer class and the pmtVersionChanged function: The section
number/version counting applies to Subtables, each subtable identified by
table_id _and_ subtable_id. (300-468, 5.1.1)
Please note that in libsi, unfortunately, there is no common method
"getSubtableId()" which should be located in NumberedSection.
For PMT and EIT it is getServiceId(), for NIT it is getNetworkId(), for SDT
getTransportStreamId().
I think I will send you a patch.

Marcel